QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Scheduler fails to connect RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
James Bucanek

This is why I hate making changes like this at the last minute.

Installing the Scheduler as a deamon has created a new problem: A race condtion during startup. The framework that the scheduler uses to detect volume mount/unmount events may, or may not, have finished initializing when the scheduler starts. If it hasn't, the scheduler crashes and starts again. This is why the logs are filled with broken socket errors.

I'm working on a solution to this, and a couple of related problems. Stay tuned. A new version should be available very soon.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

A workaround for the volume mount/unmount notification problem has been worked out and is being tested. The solution is actually more robust and consistent than the previous version.

1.0.0(50) is on the alpha feed already. Expect to see it on the beta feed by Saturday.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

QRecall 1.0.0(51) is available for download.

Choose QRecall > Check for Update... to update the application. After updating and reauthorizing, you should restart your system.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Charles Watts-Jones

James Bucanek wrote:Choose QRecall > Check for Update... to update the application. After updating and reauthorizing, you should restart your system.

Have followed instructions. All seems fine now. One very minor point, the Activity Monitor tells me that the next run is 'today' quoting a time that has already passed. Ideally it should say 'tomorrow' in this situation.

-- Charles
James Bucanek

Charles Watts-Jones wrote:Have followed instructions. All seems fine now.

That's a huge relief.

One very minor point, the Activity Monitor tells me that the next run is 'today' quoting a time that has already passed. Ideally it should say 'tomorrow' in this situation.

It's a known bug in the monitor. In some circumstances it's not updating its display when the schedule changes.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view