QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Online storage RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Andrew Daws

I cancelled it only after it had been "opening archive" for several hours.

Here is the log.
 Filename QRecall 3.zip [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 99 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  17251 time(s)

James Bucanek

Thanks for the log file, that's very helpful.

Your log file is very similar to one that I was sent a couple of days ago from another user. It appears that the action executes but never starts working; until you eventually cancel it which wakes it up.

I'll look into this further and will post here when I have an update.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

I've spent considerable time looking into this, but have drawn a blank. It appears that your capture action was simply "stuck" opening the archive. But I can't reproduce it here, and I can't imagine any reason for this to happen.

To help diagnose the problem, I've prepared a test version of QRecall I'd like you (and anyone else who's interested) to download and try. It's identical to the 1.0.0(55) release except that it logs detailed messages to the log file as the repository files are opened and closed. Hopefully, this will give me enough information to figure out what's going on.

Download: QRecall 1.0.0b(55)c

To install

1) Trash (or set aside) QRecall 1.0.0b(55)
2) Copy 1.0.0b(55)c to the previous location of 1.0.0b(55)
3) Launch 1.0.0b(55)c

You will need to reauthorize it. Afterwards, perform a number of captures. If the action still get stuck at "Opening archive", cancel the action and forward a copy of the log file to me. (You're welcome to send me log files even if it doesn't get stuck.)

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steven M. Alper

Since this thread's last entry, Jungle Disk has added block-level file updating to their application (if you purchase the Jungle Disk Plus option).

While this changes nothing enabling QRecall to back up to Amazon S3, it is significant for those who'd like to back up QRecall archives to S3.

Best,

-- Steven M. Alper

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view