QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Test run of what would be restored/recalled RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Jeffrey Kane

It there a way to list out the files that QRecall would replace when trying to restore a volume without performing the task? I accidentally may have deleted files from the command line (I won't write the dreaded unix command I issued here), and I just want to check the delta against my archive without actually performing the task initially to access what damage I may have done.

Jeffrey
James Bucanek

Jeffrey,

The answer is "kinda," at least for files that have been deleted.

In the QRecall browser window there are two commands: Edit > Select existing items and Edit > Invert Selection. You can see where this is going...

• Browser the archive to the folder where you deleted files.

• Choose Edit > Select existing items

• Choose Edit > Invert Selection

• The remaining items selected are the ones that exist in your archive but do not exist in your filesystem.

Occasionally I get requests for a restore "pre-flight" feature that will definitively list the items that would be restored. It's tentatively on the 3.0 development list, but we haven't gotten to it yet.

Quick poll: Would a "preflight" feature still be useful if it was only available from the command line?

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]
    Jeffrey Kane

I know I would, as I often use qrecall to double check if I did something "stupid" (or one of my other products that deletes duplicates automatically did)

Forum Index » General
    Go to:   
    Mobile view