QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

New User question RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Treasure Tampines

I'm trying out QRecall in an effort to ditch Retrospect for myself and a few of my clients. I've just started creating some test archives and have a couple of questions. I've looked through the forum but don't see what I'm looking for.

After stopping a backup in progress by clicking the X circle in the QRecall Activity window I get the warning: "The layer created by this capture is incomplete and may be missing items. Use caution when recalling items in this layer." If I start the backup again will the incomplete files (if QRecall doesn't finish the file it was copying when canceled) be recopied? Do I need to merge the last 2 layers?

I assume the archive files are treated as just files and can be copied themselves and put back in place if needed.

Thanks for your assistance.
[WWW]
James Bucanek

Welcome aboard!

That warning is simply letting you know that not all of your changes were captured by that layer.

So if you had five items that changed, the capture was canceled after only three of them were captured, you later rewind to that layer and restore that layer, you'll have two items missing or they'll be older (previously captured) versions?in other words, not the versions that existed when that layer was captured.

When you start the next capture, QRecall will (always!) pick up where it left off capturing the two items that didn't get captured in the previous layer. And if you want to be tidy, merging those two layers will result in a layer that is complete and up-to-date and effectively nullifies the warning your received on the first layer.

To recall an item (or items) from the archive, you can simply drag the item from the archive back to your hard drive like a Finder copy.

The "Restore" command does much the same, but instead of you deciding where the recalled copy goes, you simply select the items in the archive; QRecall finds the original items and replaces them with the restored version.

I hope that helps. Please post any additional questions you have or send them to suppport@qrecall.com

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
meriwethe

Got it!
[WWW]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view