QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Capture Error RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steven M. Alper

James:

After it looks like 9 hrs 20 minutes, my first capture completed and reported errors -- although the missing files do not seem like such a big deal.

(When I log in as Root, there are complaints about missing Launch Services, but no complaints as a normal administrator. And the missing Desktop plist? Feh.)

See attached log.

Best,

Steve
 Filename QRecall.log [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  694 time(s)

-- Steven M. Alper
Steven M. Alper

FWIW:

The capture was 112.4GB and contained 445,239 items....

(And that's not counting the two missing files!)

Best,

Steve

-- Steven M. Alper
James Bucanek

The missing file messages shouldn't be any cause for alarm, unless you think the files are important. If you are using your computer while a capture is in progress this is inevitable. Files are created and deleted constantly, and QRecall may prepare to capture a file then find that it's been delete before it can read it. These events usually aren't interesting, but I feel obligated to record them in the log none the less.

The QRecall application wasn't designed to run as root. (In general, the GUI isn't designed to run as root and Apple frowns on it.) You may run into some odd behavior.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steven M. Alper

Just to clarify:

I wasn't running QRecall as root. Just mentioning that when I do run as Root, there are complaints about that file going missing.

Best,

Steve

-- Steven M. Alper

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view