QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Eject a volume and Hierarchially Listed Actions RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Chris Caouette

I would love to see an action that would "Eject Volume" action that I could attach to the end of a series of actions and a way to group or even label actions so that when creating multiple backup routines on a single machine it isn't as confusing to the eye.
Thanks
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Chris Caouette wrote:I would love to see an action that would "Eject Volume" action that I could attach to the end of a series of actions and a way to group or even label actions so that when creating multiple backup routines on a single machine it isn't as confusing to the eye.
The ability to assign arbitrary names to actions has been requested several times and will appear in a future version.

I'm reluctant to "group" actions. It adds a lot of complexity without adding any significant functionality.

An auto-eject feature has also been requested a few times, but there are several confounding complications. I'm currently considering a global preferences option where you could add volumes you want QRecall to auto-eject. The QRecall scheduler would then eject the volume whenever an action finishes and there are no other scheduled actions that use that volume starting in the next, say, 10 minutes. I think that would provide the effect that people desire while avoiding most of the problems.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Nicholas Sloan

That sounds good to me.

Am I right in thinking that QRecall can not automount volumes? And if so, is this an option that you would consider?
Automount, autoeject and waking from sleep all seem like obvious features to simplify the use of such an elegant app.
James Bucanek

Nicholas Sloan wrote:Am I right in thinking that QRecall can not automount volumes?

QRecall can, and will, automatically mount volumes. There are restrictions imposed by the operating system when mounting volumes while your account is logged out, but if the volume can be mounted QRecall will mount it.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Nicholas Sloan

Thank you, I stand gratefully corrected James.
What about unmounting?
James Bucanek

Nicholas Sloan wrote:What about unmounting?

Still on the to-do list.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view