QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Question regarding partition resizing and QRecall RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Steve Mayer

James,

I'd just done an upgrade of TechToolPro 4 to 5 and with this recreated the TechToolPro emergency drive partition. As this is a on-the-fly recreation of partitions on my main HD, obviously the size of my main partition changed slightly.

Would this cause QRecall to see this HD as a new object and cause a complete recapture of the data?

What I'm seeing is that in the "Owners and Volumes" drawer, there are now two entries for my "Macintosh HD". One contains the layers prior to the upgrade of TechToolPro 5 and the other contains the layers after the upgrade.

Thanks,

Steve
James Bucanek

Steve Mayer wrote:Would this cause QRecall to see this HD as a new object and cause a complete recapture of the data?
Yes.

QRecall considers two volumes to be the same if they have the same size and name, or have the same size and creation date. A volume with the same name but a different size or partition creation date is assumed to be a different volume.

Now that you have a "new" volume in the archive, QRecall will add new layers to the new volume. To recall an item before the volume resize, select the other volume.

Once the items from the "old" volume get pushed into the oldest (first) layer, you can delete it by selecting the volume in the drawer and choosing Archive > Delete Item...

The "new" volume doesn't really take up any more space because everything is a duplicate of what was in the "old" volume.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

James,

Thanks for the confirmation!

Steve

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view