QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Thoughts about the Help Files RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Steven M. Alper

James:

I suggest that you create "Next:" and "Previous:" links between each of the subtopic pages in the Guide topics. You've done it in some places, but not all. The quantity of links on each page is great, but to get a complete picture of the program, the user is now required to page back to the start page in order to move forward to the next subtopic.

I continue to think about your stated goals for the help files (as mentioned in the discussion about my confusion about the Rolling Merge, you'd like to keep them short and succinct) and I believe that with software of this depth and complexity (despite its surface simplicity) you might seriously consider a more thorough manual in a different form -- say as a PDF or RTF, etc., attachment. (Or I could propose to David Pogue a QRecall: The Missing Manual .) I think you need more space for examples and analogy.

Best,

Steve

-- Steven M. Alper
James Bucanek

All good suggestions. I personally don't like most manuals in PDF format unless they are intended to be read like a book; the Photoshop manual comes to mind. But other people feel differently. I probably won't do something like this in the near future because that means maintaining two different versions of the documentation, which would be counterproductive at this point.

The next time I see David I'll ask him.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steven M. Alper

James Bucanek wrote:The next time I see David I'll ask him.

David and I are actually good friends, from his previous life in the theatre. I've done a lot of work for him in his present life as well, and regularly turn down his requests for me to write a book.

I promise to stop fawning, but I was so impressed with the idea of QRecall and the fact that you're (it seems) carrying it all off on your own, I had to find out who you were. Thus the unearthing of the dance degree.

The show I was just opening in Chicago has a lot of "legit" dancers involved with it, but that's a world I've only been peripherally involved with over many years.

Best,

Steve

-- Steven M. Alper

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view