QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

QRecall Development RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Chris Caouette

My three macs have been running QRecall happily for several months now but I started wondering when we might see an update with any new features etc.
Thanks!
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Chris Caouette wrote:My three macs have been running QRecall happily for several months now but I started wondering when we might see an update with any new features etc.
Chris,

Thanks for posting. My original plan was to add some of the many planned features to QRecall this spring and summer.

Unfortunately (for QRecall) I was sidetracked by two book deals. I'm currently writing Learning Objective-C for Java Developers to be published by Apress, and Professional Xcode 3 for Wiley Publishing. These two projects are currently consuming 98% of my available time, forcing QRecall development to the back burner for the moment.

I do have a dot release planned to fix a number of minor bugs and provide some performance improvements, pending the resolution of two very hard-to-reproduce bugs.

Once the books are behind me, I'm planning on full-time QRecall developmentā€”and I've got about a billion new features I want to implement.

In the mean time, please stay tuned. Let me know if you're having any problems, and don't hesitate to send or open a discussion on new features.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Chris Caouette

I looked at this thinking it was a long time ago and it really wasn't, but any eta for an update?
Thanks,
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Chris Caouette wrote:any eta for an update?

A few more hours.

I've been struggling with a persistent performance problem with the package and names index. They perform just fine on small archives, but their processing overhead grew exponentially relative to the size of an archive.

For months I tried to find a feasible solution, but eventually gave up on the code. In late June I rewrote the entire package and names indexing code from scratch. I've been testing it for the past couple of months, fixing bugs, and refining performance.

The fruits of that labor have been running here for about a three weeks now. If the rest of the testing goes well, I'll push out a release towards the end of this week.

This has been a huge roadblock to adding new features, which I hope to get back to very soon.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Chris Caouette

Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have done and I'm glad Qrecall is still going strong.
Chris

Lots of Macs here!

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view