QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

How can I search for a file across layers? RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Wayne Fruhwald

Hi James,

At times I need to search for a file that is no longer on my hard drive (I may have deleted it days, weeks or months ago). Is there a way to search for that file across all layers?

Regards,
Wayne
James Bucanek

Wayne Fruhwald wrote:At times I need to search for a file that is no longer on my hard drive (I may have deleted it days, weeks or months ago). Is there a way to search for that file across all layers?
Yes, but it requires waiting for the next version of QRecall. I have an "x-ray" view on the drawing board that let deleted items from earlier layers show through later layers.

In the mean time, you can set the search options to "Only show matching files", enter you search string, then start moving the layer shade backwards (Command-up arrow). The lost file should appear pretty quickly.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Wayne Fruhwald

In the mean time, you can set the search options to "Only show matching files", enter you search string, then start moving the layer shade backwards (Command-up arrow). The lost file should appear pretty quickly.

That's exactly how I do it now but when you have > 50 layers, it isn't so "quickly"

It would be nice to have an option to automatically open all disclosures to show the matching files rather than having to do so by hand which can take awhile.

Even better, it would be nice to have an option that shows the filename in 1 column and the path in another column so one doesn't have to deal with the disclosures at all during a search.

Regards,
Wayne
James Bucanek

All good suggestions!

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view