QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

QRecallHelper/QRecallSchedular crash. RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steve Mayer

James,

I seem to be getting sporadic failures in the QRecallHelper/QRecallScheduler area where I'll get the "lost connection to helper" error in my log. I've attached a crash report that might help. Using version 1.1.3a6

Thanks,

Steve
 Filename QRecallHelper_2009-11-06-040611_localhost.crash [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  590 time(s)

James Bucanek

Steve Mayer wrote:I seem to be getting sporadic failures in the QRecallHelper/QRecallScheduler area where I'll get the "lost connection to helper" error in my log.

You and me both.

I've been following the trail of an occasional QRecallHelper crash that only occurs in Snow Leopard.

Unfortunately, your crash is different than mine. It occurred in a C++ thread started by Apple's DesktopServices library. I honestly have no idea why such a thread would be running or what it's doing. Apple doesn't document any of the internal functions being executed.

If you can, please send a diagnostic report. That will include all recent crash reports. Maybe there's a pattern.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

James,

Where/how would I get a diagnostic report?

Thanks,

Steve
James Bucanek

Steve Mayer wrote:Where/how would I get a diagnostic report?

I'm sorry, I should have explained.

Choose the Help > Send Report... command. It will upload a report to the QRecall server that includes an anonymized system profile, your recent log activity, and any crash reports.

Diagnostic reports help me get a complete picture of whatever problems QRecall is encountering.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

Sent!
James Bucanek

Steve,

I don't see much of a pattern. It appears that you've only experienced one crash on this computer. I can see from the logs that you've encountered some I/O errors, but have since repaired the archives.

The one crash occurred during a merge action, which has me even more mystified.

If you have other computers that have experienced QRecallHelper crashes (your initial post indicated that you've had more than one), please send diagnostic reports (Help > Send Report...) from those computers. In the mean time, I'll try to reproduce the problem, or least track down the source of the mystery thread, here.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

I'll keep an eye on things and send reports each time there's a failure.

Steve

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view