QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Folder Sizes RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Bruce Giles

I've noticed that when QRecall displays files and folders captured in the archive window, it seems to be able to go only one layer deep when reporting folder sizes. That is, a captured folder that contains only files will have a folder size displayed, but a folder that contains other files AND FOLDERS, will display only "--" for the size.

Is this correct? Any way to get QRecall to report the correct size on all folders?

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Bruce Giles wrote:I've noticed that when QRecall displays files and folders captured in the archive window, it seems to be able to go only one layer deep when reporting folder sizes. That is, a captured folder that contains only files will have a folder size displayed, but a folder that contains other files AND FOLDERS, will display only "--" for the size.

Is this correct? Any way to get QRecall to report the correct size on all folders?

It's a bug (sort of). I plan to replace this with a mechanism that pre-calculates the size of folders during the capture so that the correct size of folders and packages are always displayed.

Right now, QRecall has to calculate the size by recursively adding up the size of all enclosed items. But that information is only read in when the contents of subfolders are displayed in the browser. If you expand every nested subfolder, then cause the top-level folder to redisplay (by scrolling or collapsing/expanding it), the correct size is displayed.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Bruce Giles

James Bucanek wrote:If you expand every nested subfolder, then cause the top-level folder to redisplay (by scrolling or collapsing/expanding it), the correct size is displayed.

Ah, so it is. Thanks!

-- Bruce

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view