QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Failure failed RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steven M. Alper

Hi, James.

I've been having verify failures pretty consistently on a few large archives. I haven't bothered you with them since "Repair" has taken care of the problem. This time the software asked that I contact the developer. So I'm attaching an excerpt from the log with the rather sad sounding exception, "Failure failed."

Best wishes,
 Filename QRecall-excerpt.log [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  958 time(s)

-- Steven M. Alper
James Bucanek

Steven M. Alper wrote:... I'm attaching an excerpt from the log with the rather sad sounding exception, "Failure failed."

Thanks, Steven, for the post.

Yes, you did encounter an internal error, but one I'm at a loss to explain. I can tell you what happened, just not way.

There's a temporary table build during the verify process that's used to verify that the number of the bytes in every file agrees with the length that it's supposed to be. It writes this information incrementally while it's busy checking other things.

When it comes time to verify the file lengths (you'll see the message "Checking file lengths"), it reads this information back into memory. In your case, the file read back was 16 bytes shorter than it was supposed to be:
Details shortListData.length (12179240) disagrees with shortListCount (1522407*8)

I can't suggest any reason why this would happen. I suggest repairing your startup volume and trying again.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view