QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Keystroke to open all subfolders? RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Bruce Giles

I've figured out that if I select a folder in an archive, and then hit the right arrow key, it's the same as clicking the disclosure triangle for that folder. Is there (or could there be) a keystroke that not only displays the contents of that folder but all included subfolders, and their included subfolders, etc., until everything contained in the original selcted folder(s) is displayed?
James Bucanek

I purposefully disabled resursive expansion (holding down the Option key while clicking an enclosure triangle) in the browser. The problem is that a single folder could potentially expand to thousands, or even hunderds of thousands, of items. QRecall *might* eventually come back after 10 minutes, if it doesn't simply blow up the operating system's outline framework (which is not designed to display that many items at once).

However, I'll look into revisiting this. I might limit the expansion to two or three levels, or maybe stop expanding subfolders once two or three hundred items are revealed. This might make you repeat the process to display everything, but it would certainly be less work than it is now.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Bruce Giles

James Bucanek wrote:I'll look into revisiting this. I might limit the expansion to two or three levels, or maybe stop expanding subfolders once two or three hundred items are revealed. This might make you repeat the process to display everything, but it would certainly be less work than it is now.

Interestingly, this seems to be the way the Finder works. If I select a deeply nested folder in list mode and hit command-option-right arrow, it opens them several folders deep, but not all the way. Repeated presses of command-option-right arrow will open successively deeper and deeper folders. I always assumed that was a bug, but perhaps it was intentional.

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view