QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Quick Capture Feature RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Adam Horne

Not sure if this is possible, but today I was messing around in my Library folder, erasing things I think that are useless (I know that I should leave it alone...)

I was thinking how nice it would have been to be able to right-click on the folder in finder and be able to "quick capture" the folder into my QRecall archive.

For someone like me, who only uses one archive, I believe it would be very nice and handy feature. Although, I'm sure there are complications that I'm not thinking of...

Regardless, I'm still a huge fan on QRecall.

James Bucanek

Adam Horne wrote:I was thinking how nice it would have been to be able to right-click on the folder in finder and be able to "quick capture" the folder into my QRecall archive.

Adam,

That's an awesome idea! So awesome, it's been in QRecall for years.

Here's the good news: In Mac OS X 10.5 (or in 10.6 if you're running Finder in 32-bit mode) you can get to it by right clicking on an item in the Finder. You'll find a Recapture command that will recapture just the selected items to the archive of your choice. There's also a Reveal command that will open an archive and show you the corresponding item to the one on the desktop.

In Mac OS 10.6 and later, there's a new QRecall Service that provides the same features (starting with OS X 10.6 Apple began dropping support for add-on menu items). You may need to enable these in your System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Services. Turn on the "Capture to QRecall Archive" and "Reveal in QRecall Archive" services. These commands will then be available in your Services submenu (found in the Finder menu and in other applications), and can also by reached by right-clicking on an item in the Finder.

But here's a little bad news: If you're using Lion, the "Reveal in QRecall Archive" services is broken. (Recapture should still work?let me know if it doesn't.) That's because Lion broke some inter-application communications. The good news is that I've worked with Apple engineers to fix this, and that fix will show up in the next beta release.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view