QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Menu bar warning icons RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Charles Watts-Jones

Yesterday I installed beta 57. QRecall runs every night. After I logged in this morning, the menu bar status icon was red. This suggested to me that there had been a back-up failure. I opened the Status Window to find:

QRecallC (my archive): Green Blank Red
Captured today: Green Blank Blank
Verified never: Blank Blank Red
Disk use bar(?): Green with size data below

Sorry that I've had to spell this out, I can't persuade this system to accept an attachment (I'm sending a picture separately to James).

Being of the generation that has difficulty with pictograms, I don't understand why the first line shows green and red, nor do I understand why the verified line shows red when the log confirms my bi-weekly verify status as OK. And I really don't want to start my day with a RED icon when the log confirms all is OK. Could RED be reserved for serious trouble please?
James Bucanek

Charles Watts-Jones wrote:QRecallC (my archive): Green Blank Red
Captured today: Green Blank Blank
Verified never: Blank Blank Red
Disk use bar(?): Green with size data below

This means that the archive has recently been captured, hasn't been verified, and you've got a reasonable amount of free space.

Being of the generation that has difficulty with pictograms, I don't understand why the first line shows green and red,

The summary line is the accumulation of the three status values. It's Green (OK) and Red (critical) because there is at least one status indicator that's OK and at least one that's critical. The idea is that you can collapse the details for a compact display of all three.

nor do I understand why the verified line shows red when the log confirms my bi-weekly verify status as OK.

You'll need to perform a verify with 1.2.0(57). The new status system doesn't use the log, and thus doesn't know about any activity prior to upgrading to 1.2.0(57). As soon as your archive verifies again, the status will turn green.

And I really don't want to start my day with a RED icon when the log confirms all is OK. Could RED be reserved for serious trouble please?

It is. In this case, it's saying that your archive has never been verified, which I consider to be pretty serious. It also lights up if there was a error with any action, or if your archive has almost completely run out of free space.

In this particular case, it's an artifact of the upgrade. If the menu bar indicator bothers you, go to QRecall > Preferences > Monitor and uncheck the Show status warnings in icon option. Now the presence of caution or critical status indicators won't show up in the menubar.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Charles Watts-Jones

Thank you for a comprehensive explanation. A 'verify' is due early tomorrow morning and I'm hoping for a 'green light' after breakfast.

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view