QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

beta 3.0.0(71) Can't Edit Actions (blank Window) RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Johannes

Switching to a new machine (M1 Max) I thought I start with QRecall 3
Nice to see my favorite backup tool advancing further.

I have not yet looked into stacks and other new features but found a bug: I can't edit actions once they are created. When I double click an action (or use the context menu) a window is opened but it is blank. This happens in the action window and in the archive window sidebar. Using the triangle in the sidebar does not reveal anything.
The archive and the capture action were freshly created (not an upgraded old archive). The action captures as intended.

My new machine is on macOS 12.0.1
I have not tried it on my other machine (Mojave) because I don't want to mess with the old archives.

Let me know, if you need more information.

Johannes
James Bucanek

Johannes,

We are aware of the problem of actions windows not displaying, but have yet to reproduce it here. We've tried QRecall 3.0.x on both Intel and M1 Macs, on macOS 12, 11, and 10.15, we've even tried opening the actual action documents from users having this problem and still can't replicate it.

So now we're asking for beta tester help.

If you're having this problem, please try the following:

• Open the Console app.

• Select your device (computer name)?it should be the default?on the left.

• Click the Start Streaming button; you may have to enter your admin password the first time.

• Enter "QRecall" into the search field, upper right.

• Open QRecall.

• Try to open an action window, from the actions window, or create a new action.

• If the window contents are blank, continue...

• Switch back to the Console app.

• Click the Pause button in the toolbar.

• Select everything in the window and copy it to the clipboard.

• Create an email to support@qrecall.com and paste in the results.

• Follow up by sending a diagnostic report in QRecall (Help > Send Report).

• This will help us look for anything unusual that might be getting logged by the system UI that's preventing the action windows from displaying.

Thanks for reporting this, and thanks for helping make QRecall better. Beta testers are the unsung heroes of software engineering!

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
    Go to:   
    Mobile view