QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Sorting issue RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steven M. Alper

Hey, James:

QRecall saved my bacon for the first time today! I had just downloaded a new version of some software and trashed the previous version. Unfortunately the new version seems to have some serious problems and garbled its database. With QRecall I was able to quickly and easily restore both yesterday's version of the database and and previous version of the app! Hooray for QRecall!

Anyway, when digging out the previous version of the app, I noticed that QRecall seems to have a bit of a sorting issue. In my application folder I've got a batch of folders forced to the top of the list by prefixing their names with a space:

AUDIO apps
BIDDING APPS
CHAT APPS
GRAPHIC APPS
INTERNET APPS
MEDIA PLAYER APPS
MIDI Utilies
MUSIC APPS
MUSIC Labelling apps
OCR programs
TEXT APPS
video efx
WEB DESIGN apps
ABBYY FineReader 5 Sprint

In QRecall, the sort order gets messed up:

AUDIO apps
BIDDING APPS
OCR programs
TEXT APPS
video efx
WEB DESIGN apps
ABBYY FineReader 5 Sprint

And then way down at the bottom of the app folder:

WakeOnLan
zotware
CHAT APPS
GRAPHIC APPS
INTERNET APPS
MEDIA PLAYER APPS
MIDI Utilies
MUSIC APPS
MUSIC Labelling apps
video efx

Is there something going on that I'm missing, or is this a buglet?

Thanks,

-- Steven M. Alper
James Bucanek

If I had to guess, I'd say that some of your folder names begin with <space> and others begin with Option+<space> (non-breaking space).

QRecall uses a Unicode comparision function supplied by Mac OS X that's supposed to sort exactly the same way the Finder does. Clearly some investigation is in order. Which is actually good timing, as I'm in the process of reengineering the way that strings are managed internally.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steven M. Alper

You guessed right. I pasted the list into Word and could see the non-breakers.

What was I thinking!

Sorry for the blind alley.

Best,

Steve

-- Steven M. Alper

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view