QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Issues on OSX 10.8 RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Gary K. Griffey

Greetings James,

I have installed OSX 10.8 Preview version 3. I also installed QRecall on the new OSX beta image. I am having issues with the newest QRecalll beta version on this latest 10.8 release.

Are you interested in receiving bug reports, etc. for 10.8 at this point...or is it too early in the cycle?

Thanks,

GKG
James Bucanek

Gary K. Griffey wrote:Are you interested in receiving bug reports, etc. for 10.8 at this point...or is it too early in the cycle?

It's not too early. In fact, one of my first to-do items was to start testing 10.8 following the release of QRecall 1.2.

For future reference, the answer to the question "should I send a diagnostic report?" is invariably "yes!"

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gary K. Griffey

Report sent..
James Bucanek

Gary K. Griffey wrote:Report sent..

Thanks for the report.

Looking at the problem, it appears the helper process is crashing when it tries to load one the application preferences (which is very strange). This might turn out to be problem with the Mountain Lion beta, but I'll see if I can find a workaround.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gary K. Griffey

James,

I just sent another report of this same problem. I installed the latest update to 10.8 that was released yesterday. (12A193i).

Same issue...QRecall cannot open an Archive for a Capture action.

Thanks,

GKG
Gary K. Griffey

James,

Just an update here.

I have installed the latest 10.8 update (12A206j). The capture issue remains...very odd...

All other QRecall Actions, e.g., Verify, Recall, Restore, Merge, etc., also seem to work fine. Capture is the only Action that I see with issues...

All of my other applications seem to be working fine on this latest build. I just can't believe that Apple changed that much "under the hood" in 10.8...since 10.7 was released less than a year ago.

GKG
James Bucanek

Gary K. Griffey wrote:I just can't believe that Apple changed that much "under the hood" in 10.8...

They only have to change one thing.

I'm still not sure what the problem is. The capture crashes when it tries to read a user preference value, which is one of the simplest things an application does. I'll file a bug report when I have more info, but for now it remains a mystery.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gary K. Griffey

Ok...thanks for the update.

I am just surprised that some of my other apps have not "bumped their head" on this issue...

I can assume then that only the Capture action attempts to read this Preference value?

Thanks for the update...I will keep trying as 10.8 updates are released...

GKG
James Bucanek

Gary K. Griffey wrote:I am just surprised that some of my other apps have not "bumped their head" on this issue...

You and me both.

I can assume then that only the Capture action attempts to read this Preference value?

Nope. Most of the QRecall processes access numerous user preference values; they read them in different ways, and at different points in their execution. Why this request for this specific value is causing the application to crash is very peculiar.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

In the latest Mountain Lion developer preview (DP4), Apple appears to have fixed the preference value retrieval bug that was causing QRecall to crash. QRecall now seems to be running without incident.

At this point, I'd encourage anyone who is using the Mountain Lion preview to install and test QRecall.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gary K. Griffey

James,

I concur with your findings. Running QR 1.2 (1.2.0.83) on OSX 10.8 DP4 the issue that I reported on previous 10.8 builds is now gone.

So far...smooth sailing...

Thanks,

GKG

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view