QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Launch Saved Action with Script... RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Gary K. Griffey

Greetings James,

I know I asked about this before...but I just wanted to follow-up. Is there anything in the works that would allow me to run a QRecall action from an Automator or Apple script?

This functionality would be very powerful in capturing a recoverable image of a running virtual machine. A script can already be used to create a virtual machine snapshot...thus quiescing the state of the virtual disk...then QRecall could capture the virtual machine package...and finally, after the capture completes, the script would remove the VM snapshot created in the first step.

This process works great...when down manually...it would just be great to be able to perform this in an automated fashion.

Thanks, as always.
James Bucanek

Gary K. Griffey wrote:I know I asked about this before...but I just wanted to follow-up. Is there anything in the works that would allow me to run a QRecall action from an Automator or Apple script?

I currently have some kind of AppleScript/Automator support on the to-do list, but it's still on the back burner.

Much more immediate is work that's being done to create a QRecall command-line tool. This already exists, in a primitive form, and is currently being used for development, testing, and diagnostics. The goal is to polish it up and turn it into full-feature command-line tool that could be invoked via shell scripts or Automator.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gary K. Griffey

Thanks for the update...a CLI would be just as useful for my needs
Johannes

me too

This is the one thing that's really missing: simply trigger an action by CLI/Script. My work is too unscheduled and my stuff has too many databases and other special handling needs. So even if QRecall has plenty of schedule options, none of them comes close to a simple trigger script that I could combine with other tasks.

I hope you find time to implement something soon - a primitive form would be more than sufficient for me ...

Johannes

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view