QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Screwed up scheduler RSS feed
Forum Index » General
David Ramsey

I was working on some PHP code a few days ago, and adjusted my computer's calendar to May 1, 2013, to test some date code.

My code worked fine, but QRecall immediately started to perform a backup. Which is entirely reasonable.

I aborted the backup and set the clock back to the correct date and time.

That was Tuesday, and I just noticed that QRecall hasn't run a backup since then. If I open the archive the last backup is shown as Monday, January 14th. The next backup is scheduled for Wednesday, May 15th...

How can I force QRecall to get "back on schedule"?
James Bucanek

David,

That's a really interesting issue.

The problem is that the QRecall scheduler calculates, and remembers, a number of times associated with each action. Because some of your actions ran in the future, it's now waiting for a time beyond that date to occur?which is a couple of months away.

The first thing to try is to get the scheduler to recalculate the run time for the action. Open the action in QRecall, make a minor change (i.e. click a checkbox), set it back, and save the action. Any change to an action will cause the scheduler to reevaluate its schedule, which should reset its next run time.

If that doesn't do the trick, here's the hammer:

- Hold down the Option+Shift keys and choose QRecall > Quit and Uninstall.
- Locate and trash the ~/Library/Preferences/com.qrecall.scheduler.plist file(s).
- Launch QRecall and reauthorize it.

This will clear the scheduler's state and cause it to forget everything it knows about when actions were run and when they should run next.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
David Ramsey

Yep, that did it (changing the actions). Thanks!

Stinking scripting languages. Really only fit for kids.

(OK, yeah, resetting the clock was independent of PHP. Still, I never thought I'd see the day when I missed C++...)
James Bucanek

David Ramsey wrote:Still, I never thought I'd see the day when I missed C++...

If you're missing C++, things must be pretty bad.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
David Ramsey

Sure. Who could forget const_cast, reinterpret_cast, static_cast, and dynamic_cast (I think. From memory.)?

Java was always a better, more modern language, but despite efforts by some very smart people, stand-alone Java apps just never worked that well.

OK, enough off-topic...

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view