QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Archive status of multiple machines RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Ralph Strauch

The status windows shows only the status of local volumes. I back up both my computer and my wife's to the same archive, which works fine. I regularly check the archive status on my computer, but do so much less frequently on my wife's. I missed a week of backups on her computer because I forgot to un-suspend backups to my alternate backup disk when I swapped it in recently, and didn't check status on that machine during that week. If the information is in the archive, it would be nice if the status window showed the status of all volumes contained in the archive rather than just local volumes. Not a big deal, but a convenience.

Ralph
James Bucanek

Ralph,

There's only one set of status values per archive, and it is updated whenever new items are captured—regardless of what is captured or by whom.

What you're asking for is per-owner or per-volume status information, and that's an interesting idea that I'll add to the wish list.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Ralph Strauch

So the status is "captured today" means that some computer has been captured to that archive today, but not necessarily the computer from which I'm making the query? My wife's computer backs up at 1am and my laptop backs up when I open it in the morning, so if my computer didn't back up for some reason, the status I would see on iy would still be "captured today?" I can live with that, it's just not what I thought I was seeing.

Ralph

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view