QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Scheduling an imprecise absence RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Charles Watts-Jones

Before going away I 'hold all schedules' until after I expect to return and shut my machine down. My aim is to avoid QRecall running immediiately I restart. When my return is delayed until after the date that I've chosen, I don't achieve my aim. Normally this is OK but not always, on my last late return my computer crashed during the immediate back-up. While the crash did not damage the archive, it did require a time-consuming reindex of it. Is there a way to hold schedules indefinitely?
James Bucanek

Charles,

In the QRecall application, choose Actions > Hold All Schedules > Until… and then pick a date far into the future (like, next year). When you return, choose Actions > Resume All Schedules and all actions that had been postponed will run.

Here?s a useful trick. If you have actions that have been held for days, and you don?t want to them to all run immediately when you choose Actions > Resume All Schedules, do this when you return: choose the actions you do not want to run immediately in the Actions window. Choose Action > Suspend Schedule. Now when you choose Actions > Resume All Schedules, only those actions that are still active will run. With the same group of actions still selected, choose Action > Suspend Schedule again to reactivate them. When an action is rescheduled, it finds the next run time in the future—ignoring any that it missed while it was suspended. Those action will then run at their next regularly scheduled time.

If you?re going to do this for most of your actions, you might find it easier to just suspend all of your actions when you leave and un-suspend them when you return.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view