QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Exclude hidden file / folde from capture RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Alexandre Takacs

How do I specify a hidden file or folder to be excluded from my backup selection. The UI allows be to specify finder-visible files, but what about the (more and more prevalent) hidden locations ?
James Bucanek

Alexandre Takacs wrote:How do I specify a hidden file or folder to be excluded from my backup selection. The UI allows be to specify finder-visible files, but what about the (more and more prevalent) hidden locations ?

I?ve got to start an FAQ.

When clicking on any + button to add items to an action:

• hold down the Option key to pick invisible items

• hold down the Shift key to pick items inside packages

• Alternatively, you can use the Finder to expose the content of packages or use the Go to Folder command to navigate to invisible folders. Once there, drag anything into an action item list.

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]
    Alexandre Takacs

Thanks - is that procedure documented ? I did really search for it...
    James Bucanek

Help > QRecall Help > Guide: Automation > Actions > Capture > Adding special items to list

Like so many things about computers, it?s obvious ? once you know where to find it.

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
    Go to:   
    Mobile view