QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

qRecall state? RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Frederic Thomas

How do I know the state of qRecall?

I can launch the program and there's this little status window. If I quit the program, the little status window stays around... but I am not sure to what it's attached? How can I find it back in the middle of 555 other windows?

Also, this little window only tells me what qRecall is doing. It would nice if it was telling me as well what qRecall will do when (i.e. "Currently: idle Next task: merge in 23:45 hours"). It would also be nice to be able to launch the program from the window?

Lastly, should the little window come back if I restart the Mac? I tried it but it does not come back?

(Note I have QRecallMonitor and QRecallScheduler in my process list)

Thanks

Fred
Frederic Thomas

OK I did not notice the check marks on the menu about show/hide/startup...

That answers the last question: it will come back if "show at startup" is checked but otherwise it will only be visible if QRecall is doing something...
James Bucanek

How can I find it back in the middle of 555 other windows?

For that, I find exposé particularly handy. You can always launch QRecall and choose Window > Activity Monitor > QRecall Activity to force the activity window to the front.

Also note that QRecall supports Growl.

Also, this little window only tells me what qRecall is doing. It would nice if it was telling me as well what qRecall will do when (i.e. "Currently: idle Next task: merge in 23:45 hours").

That's an excellent suggestion. I'll put that on the to-do list.

It would also be nice to be able to launch the program from the window?

I've considered having a persistent Open Log button in the activity window, which would have the side effect of launching the application.

(Note I have QRecallMonitor and QRecallScheduler in my process list)

FYI: QRecallMonitor is a tiny background application that manages the activity window. QRecallScheduler is a daemon that schedules actions to run.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Frederic Thomas

James Bucanek wrote:Also note that QRecall supports Growl.

I don't think I ever got QRecall to growl anything for me... Growl shows QRecall enabled in the pref pane but I don't think to get any messages?

Fred
Frederic Thomas

Precision: I can get start if I enable it in Growl (it's disabled by default it seems), but nothing else.

I have changed the Action completed to be urgent and sticky, the backup is done but no growl

Fred
James Bucanek

Thanks for the update. I'll check into that.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view