QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

[b10] another archive settings issue RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Ming-Li Wang

If one make a change to the number for the "Keep deleted items for at least ___ [unit]" setting in the archive settings window, then click the "Cancel" button to dismiss the window, the old value would not be retained as expected. Instead, the new value would be kept.

When the Archive Settings window is opened, in addition, the focus (cursor) rests in the number box with the whole number highlighted. If one hits the ESC key at this time (in an attempt to cancel the dialog), the number would be replaced with the letter "I". Hitting ESC again would change it back to the old value, but clicking outside the box would make the "I" stick and get an error message about invalid number.
James Bucanek

Ming-Li Wang wrote:If one make a change to the number for the "Keep deleted items for at least ___ [unit]" setting in the archive settings window, then click the "Cancel" button to dismiss the window, the old value would not be retained as expected. Instead, the new value would be kept.

For the record, the value wasn't being set in the archive. The dialog was simply failing to reset the edit field with the old value before presenting it again.

When the Archive Settings window is opened, in addition, the focus (cursor) rests in the number box with the whole number highlighted. If one hits the ESC key at this time (in an attempt to cancel the dialog), the number would be replaced with the letter "I". Hitting ESC again would change it back to the old value, but clicking outside the box would make the "I" stick and get an error message about invalid number.

I can't do much about this, as this is OS X's auto-complete / spelling / whatever interface.

I have fixed the code so that non-numeric values will present a standard validation dialog, and you'll get the choice of editing it or reverting to the original value.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view