QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Layout suggestion RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Paul Mann

I'd love to be able to use El Capitains full screen function and be able to see everything key relating to an archive in front of me.

So having the log in a window attached below the main window, with the Archive status showing on the main screen without having to show it as a another window.

Overall I love the app, but would feel better without a number of extra windows open relating to an archive.

Having the archive status traffic lights (which are great) incorporated into the main window would ideal.

Some feedback from my use

You can probably tell I am not keen on alot of windows being open for the same app.

Regards
James Bucanek

Paul,

All great suggestions. I'm writing them down, although technical issues might limit a few of them.

The lack of good full-screen support in QRecall is my fault. The only time I "use" full-screen mode is when I accidentally set it off, and then I spend the next minute cursing the name of whoever came up with such a useless and frustrating interface mode while I stumble around trying to remember how to get out of it.

But then I hear from users who love it, so clearly my opinion is not the overwhelming majority of users.

I'll try to get QRecall 2.1 to play nicer in full-screen mode.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Paul Mann

Thanks for taking a look at them at least

One other comment is that the learning curve for me has been quite steep and I am still not sure I have everything covered.

It might be worth simplifying the view (or Simple/Advanced) to the core details so at a glance a user knows that everything is selected to backup, on a schedule and when the next action will happen, the excluded items etc, so they feel that as a beginner they have the basics of backup and verification sorted.

I don't mean big buttons or over simplified views, but when I saw the complexity it was initially daunting, but of course that complexity means highly flexible and powerful once you get happy with the basics.

Just a comment as a new user

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view