QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Backup failure, archive now crashing the computer RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Ralph Strauch

My scheduled backup this morning of my iMac showed a capture problem with a TechTool Pro backup file in Library/Applications Support. When I tried to open the archive to see if a good layer had been written the archive window flashed briefly and then qrecall crashed. Repeated tries to open the file produced the same result. I then ejected the backup drive from iMac and mounted it on my MBP to see what would happen there, and got the same result. The archive window flashes briefly then qrecall quits, so the problem is apparently within the archive.

Both computers had just been upgraded to qrecall 2.0.0(37). This was the first backup run on the iMac after the upgrade. On the MBP, the first backup after the update ran into a lot of problems "communicating with helper" but a subsequent backup immediately following appeared to run successfully.

I've sent reports from both machines. The qrecall crashes when I try to open the archive produced large Apple Crash Reports, which I can also forward to you if that would be helpful. I've started a repair on the archive and it appears to be running normally.
James Bucanek

Ralph,

A last minute change in 2.0.0(37) introduced a race condition that could crash the browser when items are being loaded in the background. This bug has already been identified and fixed, but you'll have to wait until the next release, hopefully tomorrow.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Ralph Strauch

OK, thanks for the fast response. I'm running a repair right now, and hope that won't create any new problems. I'll hold off on any backups till I get the new version.
James Bucanek

Capture (or any other scheduled action) should be just fine. The probably is in the display code that shows items loading in the background when you open the archive window.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

QRecall 2.0.0(38) (A.K.A. release candidate 2) just went live.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view