QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Reindex slow? RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Deborah McMillion-Nering

Hello,

I upgraded to 1.0.46 and read the release notes about the "compositing" bug. Not wanting to take any chances, I reindex my archive.

It worked, but it took foooooorever. LIke, 6 hours. When it was done, I verified it and it only took about 30 minutes.

SHould the reindex be this slow?
James Bucanek

Deborah McMillion-Nering wrote:SHould the reindex be this slow?

No. There's an issue with the Reindex command in 1.0.0(46). One of those situations where trying to make things faster actually slows it down.

There are two competing processes (one reading the data and the other updating the index) that cause your hard drive to thrash, dramatically slowing down the reindex process.

You can avoid this problem by first opening the archive package (select the archive icon and choose Show Package Contents from the Right/Control+Click menu). Delete the negative.index file. Now reindex the archive.

A fix for this problem will appear in the next release.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view