QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

recalling old versions RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Mike M

I seem to have somehow lost or blown away changes I expected to be in a particular file. I right-clicked on it and selected "reveal in archive." I see the file name and I see four layers listed above it, with numbers like 7, 13, 21, etc. I suppose those are the layers in which changes were captured. I want to recall all of these versions. I am not clear how to select a particular layer. I clicked on each layer and highlighted them, and I looked at the recalled files, but I don't see the changes I'm looking for. I'm not clear if this did what I want; is highlighting a layer before the recall the right thing to do? It's hard for me to check differences between the recalled versions, so I want to start by making sure I'm doing it right.

Mike
James Bucanek

Mike,

You want to "shade" a layer or two. What you're seeing in the browser is the composite results?the most recent version?of all of the files captured in those four layers.

To play time machine, you shade the most recent layers. The browser then presents the view of your files before those layers were captured, allowing you to recall earlier versions of those items.

To move the bottom shade, the one used to hide the most recent layers, either click and drag the bottom shade or hold down the Control key and press the Up (or Down) Arrow.

See QRecall Help > Guide Layers > Layer Shades (for how to manipulate the layer shades) and Understanding Layers for an overview of the layers concept.

Let us know if you have more questions.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Mike M

Got it. Very nice to use once I understood it.

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view