QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Little Snitch reported changed code signature RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Byron Weber Becker

Little Snitch (network traffic monitor) is reporting that QRecall is trying to connect to secure.qrecall.com BUT

A matching rule exists that requires a code signature by James Bucanek, US (D24CNGWU22), but the process is now signed by W5U957H54U. This could mean that the application was replaced by another one from a different developer.

I think I remember updating QRecall to a newer version recently, so this sort of makes sense. On the other hand, I've updated many other applications to newer versions, some of which I'm sure "phone home", but have not received this report.

Any background? Suggestions?
Manfred Ell

Got exactly the same. Allowed it and went away.
James Bucanek

Boy, I can't slip anything past you guys.

Yes, as mentioned in the release notes for 2.0.9, the certificate used to digitally sign the application and distribution disk image file have changed and are now correct. The previous version of QRecall was accidentally signed with my Mac Developer signature?a signature used to sign apps distributed via the App Store?instead of my Developer ID.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view