QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Dark mode for Qrecall? RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Charles Robinson

Will Qrecall ever be updated for dark mode? I really prefer it, and had been putting off changing over because of Qrecall Monitor and an old 32-bit menubar app not being so adapted. Due to macOS updates, the very few 32-bit apps I still have will be going away soon, leaving only Qrecall Monitor hard to see on a dark menubar. I'm sure maintaining the app keeps you quite busy as is, and would appreciate your thoughts.
James Bucanek

Charles Robinson wrote:I'm sure maintaining the app keeps you quite busy
That's an understatement.

I didn't have dark mode menubar on my to do list, but it shouldn't be very hard. Since 2.1 is all about the UI updates, I'll see if I can squeeze that into this release.
[Email]
James Bucanek

Good new:

It turned out the menu bar icons for the activity monitor just needed a special "template image" flag set, and it wasn't set.

Bad news:

"Template" images are always monochrome, so the colored indicator to show that there's a warning or problem in the status window now draws just a grey dot, indistinguishable from the "busy" dot.

Update: I decided to add some code to detect the "dark mode" setting and draw a colored icon for regular menubar users and the monochrome version for dark mode users.

Let me know your opinion in the next beta release.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Charles Robinson

Will do, thanks.

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view