QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

status bar icon disappeared RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Mike M

My QRecall status bar icon disappeared. Checking the log shows that an action is running at this very moment, which I don't want to stop ( a compact), but I'll try rebooting after that finishes. Any other ideas why it would disappear?
James Bucanek

Mike,

It disappeared because I made it disappear.

The default setting for the "Show in menu bar" option is now "no," while in earlier versions of QRecall it was "yes." To make the menu bar icon reappear, launch QRecall and go to QRecall > Preferences > Monitor, and check the "Show in menu bar" option.

The reason for this change is the new "Show in dock" option, added so that the QRecall Monitor can interrupt a restart or shutdown request if there are running action. Since the dock icon duplicates all of the functions of the menu status bar item, it made sense not to have them both showing by default.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view