QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

interval backup between two times possible? RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Jeff Lambert

I've setup interval backup at every 1 hour starting at 8 AM, with a condition to stop at 8 pm. BUT, it's like it doesn't take account the Stop at 8 PM and just keeps on backing up every hour. How can I make it backup only between 8AM to 8PM?

Thanks.
James Bucanek

Jeff,

Excellent question.

The Stop at 8PM condition means that if the action is still running when 8PM comes around, the action is stopped, just as if you clicked the stop button at 8PM.

The schedule condition you probably want is "Ignore between...". Set up something like "Ignore between 8PM and 9AM", and the interval schedule will run every hour starting at 9AM through 7PM.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Jeff Lambert

OK so this might seem stupid, but for the life of me, I can't find how to modify that settings. I can't find the actions and edit anything. Not very user friendly user interface when it comes to discoverability.

I made two backup task, one to backup everyday at 2am, which backup the whole drive, and another backup task, or action, to backup every hour but only my home user folder. How do I edit the task or action to change to the "Ignore between..." setting you mentioned?

Thanks!
Jeff Lambert

Sorry, found it, it was in the Action window, not obvious at first.
James Bucanek

Jeff,

Glad you found the Actions window. Each archive window also has an Actions sidebar (on the right) where you can see just the actions for that archive.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view