QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Always show monitor in dock RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Adrian Chapman

Hi James

The preference "Always show monitor in dock" worked fine under version 2.1.11 but under version 2.1.12 the preference always reverts to "When active". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling QRecall but the issue is still there.

Any ideas?
James Bucanek

Adrian,

We're not seeing that here, but let's isolate the problem to see if the problem is the monitor app or the interface that sets the preferences for the monitor. (My money is on the later.)

1. Perform a "quick" uninstall of QRecall (Holding down the Option and Shift keys, choose QRecall > Quit and Uninstall).

2. At this point you can, optionally, restart your system. This should work without a restart, but you never know. (In fact, it should work without steps 1 and 4, but settings preferences for other apps while those apps are running is no longer reliable.)

3. Open up Terminal and run the command
defaults write com.qrecall.monitor QRMonitorRegularAppMode -int 1

4. Launch QRecall again and re-authorize it

This should manually set the "always" mode for the monitor in the dock. Check to see if it's behaving that way (Monitor app appears in the dock when no QRecall actions are running.)

If this works, then the problem is somewhere in the preferences UI. After you set it this way, don't try to change it again using the preferences UI (until we get it fixed) as doing so will likely reset it again.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Adrian Chapman

Hi James

Thanks for the fix which seems to have worked. I note that the "Show in dock" preference window is now blank and I have left it like this.

As it happens I am also seeing this on my wife's Macbook Pro

Adrian
  • [Thumb - Qrecall Preferences.jpg]
 Filename Qrecall Preferences.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 1325 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  2424 time(s)

Adrian Chapman

I should add that while I was having the problem the "Show when actions start" and Hide when actions complete" check boxes were empty. I have just unchecked them and with your work around the monitor is showing correctly in the dock on my iMac.
James Bucanek

Thanks for the update. This definitely points us towards the problem.

The "Show when actions start" and "Hide when actions complete" shouldn't affect the dock settings, but we'll look into it.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view