QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Repeating Error Messages RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Bruce Giles

This is on our G5 server, running OS X Server 10.4.10 and the latest release of QRecall. Every 10 seconds, the following two messages are added to the *console* log:

2007-11-16 11:39:16.511 QRecallScheduler[21833] CFLog (0): CFMessagePort: bootstrap_register(): failed 1100 (0x44c), port = 0x2703, name = 'Processes-0.2752513'
See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
2007-11-16 11:39:16.513 QRecallScheduler[21833] CFLog (99): CFMessagePortCreateLocal(): failed to name Mach port (Processes-0.2752513)
CFMessagePortCreateLocal failed (name = Processes-0.2752513 error = 0)

This happens starting at login, without even launching QRecall. There are no corresponding messages showing up in the QRecall log. In fact, there's nothing at all unusual in the QRecall log. I just noticed this today, but I don't know how long it's been going on, since the console log appears to be cleard at login.

Any idea what's going on?

-- Bruce
Bruce Giles

Bruce Giles wrote:This is on our G5 server, running OS X Server 10.4.10 and the latest release of QRecall. Every 10 seconds, the following two messages are added to the *console* log:

I forgot to add that our scheduled backups are occurring right on schedule, so unless this just started since the last scheduled backup at 2:00 this morning, the schedules aren't affected.

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Has the system been restarted since you upgraded QRecall?

During an upgrade, a new scheduler is installed and started using the launchctl tool. Apparently, replacing a running daemon with a new one incurs Mach port permissions issues that I've yet to understand. After a system restart, the daemon is restarted with the correct port permission and this problem goes away. At least, that the pattern I see here.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Bruce Giles

James Bucanek wrote:Has the system been restarted since you upgraded QRecall?

I don't recall for certain, but probably not. Since it's a server, and usually in use while I'm at the office, I rarely restart it. But it has several system software updates waiting to install, and probably won't be in use much this weekend, so I'll try to restart it sometime in the next day or two. I'll let you know if that clears up the problem.

-- Bruce
Bruce Giles

Bruce Giles wrote:I'll try to restart it sometime in the next day or two. I'll let you know if that clears up the problem.

It did. The errors are no longer occurring.

-- Bruce

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view