QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Helper fails after upgrade to 1.0.0(54) RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Charles Watts-Jones

I'm running OS 10.4.10 on an Intel iMac. I upgraded to beta 54 yesterday, reauthorised and agreed the installation requested. I then restarted. I did not delete/recreate my Actions (a mistake?) and left QRecall to run early this morning when I was logged out, this is my normal practice. On checking the log, I found that the Helper had failed, as shown in the attached file (the full log has been sent to James).

-- Charles
Charles Watts-Jones

File upload failed. Trying again.

-- Charles
  • [Thumb - QRecall13Dec.jpg]
 Filename QRecall13Dec.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1050 time(s)

James Bucanek

Charles,

Looking at the logs, it appears that you upgraded to 1.0.0(54) and restarted immediately. After restarting, you then installed the scheduler, but there's no restart following the scheduler install. It's after replacing the scheduler daemon that OS X gets confused.

Please restart once more and see if the problems persist.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

Footnote:

You can test to see if the scheduler can start an action by manually running any action from Actions window. Select an action (something harmless, like a Verify it good) and choose Action > Run Immediately. If the action starts, then the scheduler and helper are both working.

The Run Immediately command tells the scheduler to start an action. The scheduler uses, essentially, the same mechanism that's used when starting an action at a scheduled time, confirming that it can start and communicate with actions.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Charles Watts-Jones

James Bucanek wrote:Footnote:

You can test to see if the scheduler can start an action by manually running any action from Actions window. Select an action (something harmless, like a Verify it good) and choose Action > Run Immediately. If the action starts, then the scheduler and helper are both working.

The Run Immediately command tells the scheduler to start an action. The scheduler uses, essentially, the same mechanism that's used when starting an action at a scheduled time, confirming that it can start and communicate with actions.

Clearly I misread the instructions on upgrading - senior moment? Have now run the Verify command as an Action and as an Archive/Verify from the menu. Both ran without difficulty. Also, having opened my archive, I found that this (early) morning's back-up ran; I'd assumed it hadn't as I'd seen all those error messages. Thanks

-- Charles
James Bucanek

Charles Watts-Jones wrote:Clearly I misread the instructions on upgrading

The instructions were, admittedly, a bit vague. They read "After upgrading it is recommended that you restart the system." So you can be excused for assuming that after reauthorizing that it was time to restart.

My apologies for the confusion.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view