QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

"Incompatible version of helper installed" RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Gib Henry

[Avatar]

This screen dump of a log snippet (need log export capability!) shows everything working fine until I installed a newer version on 1/24, then a bunch of different errors, largely helper incompatible errors. If installation requires a reboot, the installer should say so. I'll report back whether a reboot resolves the issue.
  • [Thumb - Incompat helper.png]
 Filename Incompat helper.png [Disk] Download
 Description Log snippet
 Filesize 228 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  787 time(s)

Gib Henry
James Bucanek

Gib Henry wrote:This screen dump of a log snippet (need log export capability!)
(log files are already flat text files, located at ~/Library/Logs/QRecall -- in the future, just upload or e-mail the .log file)

... shows everything working fine until I installed a newer version on 1/24, then a bunch of different errors, largely helper incompatible errors. If installation requires a reboot, the installer should say so.
The installation/upgrade is not supposed to require a restart, but QRecall is still plauged by a bug in Apple's launchd service that occationally refuses to stop running the old version of the scheduler service even after a newer version has been installed. Steven Alper just posted a similar error caused by the same problem.

I'll report back whether a reboot resolves the issue.
I suspect that the reboot will solve your issue, but please let me know either way.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gib Henry

[Avatar]

James Bucanek wrote:(log files are already flat text files, located at ~/Library/Logs/QRecall -- in the future, just upload or e-mail the .log file)
D'oh! I got fooled by the fancy presentation! Shoulda looked!

[...snip...]

I suspect that the reboot will solve your issue, but please let me know either way.
Yes, you're exactly correct, the reboot did indeed fix this issue and it's now backing up on "que"! Cheers,

Gib Henry
James Bucanek

Gib,

Could you still send me your log file(s) for the period you were having problems? I'm interested to know if this is just a Tiger issue or whether it happens in Leopard, and if it's similar to the problems that a few other users have encountered.

You can post the log files here, or just e-mail them to james@qrecall.com.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view