QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Deleting a file within a layer RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Michel Amyot

I am testing QRecall right now and I like it a lot. But... because there is a but, is there a way to «delete» files from a layer?

As a music composer, sometimes the project are huge and, after a time, I always back-up them on DVD and external hard drives for archives purposes.

So, I just want to delete these particular files projects from my main computer and does not want them anymore on my regular backups without the hassle of performing a new backup from scratch.

I looked in the help files and navigate through the menu functions but I was unable to find that function.

Is it hidden somewhere or is it prohibited?

Best Regards

Michel Amyot
James Bucanek

Michel Amyot wrote:I am testing QRecall right now and I like it a lot. But... because there is a but, is there a way to «delete» files from a layer?
Yes, but you'll have to wait 24 hours.

The new feature will appear in version 1.1.0(33) which is currently baking. It will permit you to delete all instances of an item from all layers.

The layer delete and merge commands delete items horizontally (deleting all old items across an entire layer). The new item delete command deletes items vertically (deletes a single item from every layer).

Is it hidden somewhere or is it prohibited?
It's not prohibited, it just took some time to get it functional.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
ubrgeek

Michele - Where is this functionality? I can't seem to find it. I'd like to delete older versions of a file (I know, seems to be a silly thing to do with a backup but can't seem to find the actual mechanism for doing so.
James Bucanek

ubrgeek wrote:Where is this functionality?
Select one or more items in the archive browser window, then choose Archive > Delete Item...

You must be running 1.1.0(33) beta or later.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
ubrgeek

I see the option, but after doing so, I don't see any chance in the layer.
ubrgeek

Hmmm. NM. Seems to be working now. Odd
James Bucanek

ubrgeek wrote:Seems to be working now. Odd
Since Delete Item is an interactive command, there will be a pause following the delete action while QRecall re-reads the archive and updates the window. So it could take several seconds before the item actually disappears from the display.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view