QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Full capture after turning on FileVault? RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Hanno Kaiser

After I activated FileVault on my OSX 10.9.1 partition, QRecall went through a full capture of all files in my home folder (with almost 100% duplicates, which took about 20 hours). Within the archive, QRecall created a second directory tree for the home folder.

1. Is this normal behavior?
2. Is it advisable (and possible) to consolidate the two home folder entries in QRecall?

Best,
Hanno
James Bucanek

Hanno Kaiser wrote:After I activated FileVault on my OSX 10.9.1 partition, QRecall went through a full capture of all files in my home folder (with almost 100% duplicates, which took about 20 hours). Within the archive, QRecall created a second directory tree for the home folder.

Just to clarify, do you have two home folders or do you have two volumes? I would expect the later.

1. Is this normal behavior?

Yes. When you enable FileVault (in Lion and later), the volume is reformatted as an encrypted volume. From QRecall?s perspective, you replaced your startup volume with a new one containing a copy of everything from your old volume.

2. Is it advisable (and possible) to consolidate the two home folder entries in QRecall?

Yes. See QRecall Help > Guide > Advanced > Combine Items.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view