QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Beta 2.06 on El Capitan RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Paul Mann

Great now that you managed to get some decent looking features into the v2 beta, especially encryption for me thanks!

I tried to create a new archive on an Airport disk today and received the following error in the log, after Recall crash.

Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 ------- Create (Unknown)
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 archive: (null)
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Program exception
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Command failed
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 ------- Create incomplete (00:00)
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Create command failed
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 -[DDPath initWithPath:]: absolutePath is nil
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure -[DDPath initWithPath:]: absolutePath is nil

Edit: It seems this is the error when creating an archive on a local disk too

Hopefully you are planning on supporting El Capitan in this v2 release, or not? (as you mention not much testing being done on El Capitan, but not whether you want it doing unless I missed it)

Regards
James Bucanek

Paul Mann wrote:Hopefully you are planning on supporting El Capitan in this v2 release, or not?

I plan for QRecall 2.0 support El Capitan. In fact, the reason I've been sweating this beta to get QRecall out there and tested with El Capitan before its release.

And being so focused on getting the beta working has meant I've had no time to test on El Capitan at all. But that's about to change. I'm typing this on a freshly installed 10.11 beta 3 system and plan to fire up the developer tools later this morning.

So for all of you brave El Capitan testers out there, sit tight. I'm sure we'll have something working soon.

Caveat: I'm already aware that there are new security features of El Capitan that will prevent QRecall from restoring a bootable El Capitan system. I'm investigating those and hope to have a solution soon.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Paul Mann

Ok thanks for that information, sounds good.

It seems to work ok from an existing archive, but I sadly deleted them to start a fresh.

Regards
James Bucanek

The good news:

I was able to fiddle around with QRecall running under OS X 10.11(beta3), fixed a few issues, and it seems to be working. I was able to create an archive, run a capture, verify the archive, schedule an action, and so on.

The bad news:

El Capitan complains about the executable format of the embedded Sparkle framework in 2.0.0b6. (This is the tool that allows QRecall to auto-update itself.) I upgraded to the latest version of Sparkle and that fixed those warnings. But now there's a new problem: when QRecall tries to update itself, it crashes. This only seems to occur on El Capitan. One my 10.10 systems, QRecall auto-updated itself just fine.

So here's the deal...

If you want to play around with QRecall on 10.11, you can click this link to download version 2.0.0b7. Open the disk image and launch the Install QRecall app.

When the next version of QRecall becomes available, it will most likely crash. To work around that, manually download the next version and run the install program again. You'll have to repeat that process until the Sparkle issues are sorted out.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Paul Mann

Some progress, so thanks for that

I sent you a log via Recall so hopefully you can see what is going on.

I used the wizard to create an archive on a remote airport drive and it seemed to get itself in a twist and was waiting for the archive to release itself, as something else was writing to it.

There was also a local archive called 'untitled' that was created too, but I only created the one archive on the remote share.

I have gone back to local archive for the moment.

I do have access and the correct permission to access the remote drive.

Edit: I forgot that I do not seem to have the follow options in my services menu either ;

Exclude Items (Per-Item)
Individual filesystem items can now be excluded by setting its QRecall Capture Preferences. To exclude an item, select the item(s) in the Finder and choose the QRecall Capture Preferences? command from the Services menu:
James Bucanek

Paul Mann wrote:I sent you a log via Recall so hopefully you can see what is going on.

Good. (I was sweating the Send Report... feature on 10.11, so that's a relief.)

Edit: I forgot that I do not seem to have the follow options in my services menu either ;

My bad. I forgot to mention that OS X disables new services by default. You'll need to go into the services preference (either from the Finder > Services or via System Preferences) and turn them on.

• [Thumb - Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.49.52 AM.png]
 Filename Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 8.49.52 AM.png [Disk] Download
 Description Enabling QRecall Services
 Filesize 127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  692 time(s)

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Paul Mann

OK thanks, enabled them, but get this message, which when pressed doesn't do anything.

Recall Agent appears to be hanging with a spinning beach ball.
  • [Thumb - screenshot_04.png]
 Filename screenshot_04.png [Disk] Download
 Description Capture to QR archive.
 Filesize 27 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  706 time(s)

James Bucanek

If you can run the QRecall application, send another diagnostic report. (The report will sample the monitor process, if it's running, to tell me what's going on.)

Next, try using the Activity Monitor to kill the QRecall Monitor process and see if it relaunches. That might fix it right there.

If not, try restarting and see if that helps.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Paul Mann

James Bucanek wrote:If you can run the QRecall application, send another diagnostic report. (The report will sample the monitor process, if it's running, to tell me what's going on.)

Next, try using the Activity Monitor to kill the QRecall Monitor process and see if it relaunches. That might fix it right there.

If not, try restarting and see if that helps.

Report sent.

Going to reboot now.

Edit: Another report sent after reboot as the Recall Agent beachballs and cannot be killed.
James Bucanek

See this post: http://forums.qrecall.com/posts/list/515.page

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view