QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

b10 internal program error RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Ming-Li Wang

Got "internal program error" midway through a compact action. The Log shows "unexpected buffer contents" messages. Report filed.

Couldn't open the archive afterward; had to repair it first. Verified the volume first and ran into incorrect file hard links numbers (or something like that) error. The disk was repaired successfully and then so was the archive.

Tried to compact again, and ran into the same error again, only this time disk verification turned up no error and the archive was successfully repaired.

Tried to compact other archive and haven't run into similar trouble so far. Could be something wrong with the disk, or the archive.
Ming-Li Wang

Perhaps I should add: the archive was created by v1 a few months back, and is updated often. Since I switched to v2 yesterday, 9 layers have been added. Redundancy has been enabled, too.

I made a backup copy of the archive before going v2, which can be compacted without issue.
Ming-Li Wang

I've since managed to reproduce the problem with different archives and on different disks/partitions. I'll email you a test archive that crashes QR when compacted (at least on my system, every time) in a minute.
Ming-Li Wang

A small issue out of this test: I removed the test archive after finishing the test, but forgot to remove the scheduled capture actions associated with it first. QR failed to execute the capture action as a result. I've since removed the action but now I get two ghost items in the QR pop-up menu that refuse to go away. (screenshot attached below)

Note in the screenshot that the two ghost items were scheduled for 0:00, but the system time was at 0:28 already. Clicking any of the item on the second pop-up (Stop, Stop and Reschedule, etc.) does nothing. Guess I'll have to reboot to get rid of them.
  • [Thumb - Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 00.28.30.png]
 Filename Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 00.28.30.png [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 239 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  905 time(s)

James Bucanek

Ming-Li Wang wrote:Got "internal program error" midway through a compact action. The Log shows "unexpected buffer contents" messages. Report filed.

Got it, and thanks for the test archive. I don't think I would have found the bug without it.

Yes, this is why we do beta testing.

This archive had just the right (wrong?) sequence of reads and writes needed to confuse the redundancy buffer management. The fix for this will be in b11.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

Ming-Li Wang wrote:I've since removed the action but now I get two ghost items in the QR pop-up menu that refuse to go away. (screenshot attached below)

This is an unrelated bug that I'm working on.

Workaround: Quit the QRecall Monitor process to make them go away.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view