QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Conflict with cloud backup service Zoolz RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Ralph Strauch

I had a backup issue tonight and and when I looked at the log I found that the files it had failed on were associated with Zoolz, a Cloud backup service I recently signed up for that was running at the time. In spite of the problems with those files, the backup produced a good backup layer that just didn't contain those files. I then turned off Zoolz and reran the backup, and it ran fine.

There's probably a way of excluding invisible directories and eliminating the problem, and even if not, it wouldn't be terrible not to be able to run Zoolz and Qrecall at the same time. I thought you'd like to know about this issue, though, as something that might come up in other situations when Qrecall is running at the same time as other data-intensive activities. The 2016-03-16 19:41:47 Capture to 2nd backup.quanta in the Report I've submitted is the one that displays the problem.
James Bucanek

Ralph,

I wouldn't classify this as a "conflict". It's more "a trivial event that's being reported in the log as a problem because of a bug."

Basically all your log is reporting is that that a few files inside the invisible Genie9/Zoolz directory couldn't be captured because the files got deleted between the time that QRecall read the directory and the time it actually started to capture them.

That's actually a bug. There's no logical difference between a file being deleted before the directory is read and after, so this should not be logged as an error. The next version of QRecall will fix this.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view