Register / Login  |  Desktop view  |  Jump to bottom of page

Beta Version » QRecall 2.1 Beta

Author: James Bucanek
6 years ago
Update July 23, 2018: The QRecall 2.1 beta is closed. If you are running the beta, use QRecall > Check for Update… to upgrade to the release version. Everyone else can download QRecall 2.1 on the Download page.

*** Thanks to everyone who participated ***

Dawn to Dusk Software is pleased to announce the beginning of the QRecall 2.1 beta test program.

To get started, go to the QRecall Download page.

If you already have a permanent or trial identity key, you can continue to use that. If don't have a permanent key, or your trial key has expired, click the button on the download page to obtain a free Beta Identity Key that will be valid for the entire beta test period.

The theme of QRecall 2.1 is "new technology." The user interface has been redesigned with a modern look, feel, and features (like sidebars, Quick Look, and full-screen mode). Underneath the hood, a massive rewrite of the code adopts modern technologies like automatic memory management, XPC interprocess communications, modern compilers, and much more.

As always, feedback is welcome and encouraged.

Author: Ralph Strauch
6 years ago
I'm using the new beta and it seems to be working fine. I've found a new problem, though. I'd like to back up some files that are stored on iCloud drive to be accessible from other computers, but Qrecall doesn't seem willing to back them up from iCloud. As a starter, I've defined an action to back up one file and one folder from iCloud drive. The action runs, and shows some activity, but nothing is backed up and no layer is created.

Author: James Bucanek
6 years ago
Ralph,

I'll have to spend some time researching this.

I suspect the iCloud folder is actually a mountpoint, or a collection of mountpoints, for a virtual filesystem who's content resides on different logical device, but it will take a bit of investigation to confirm this.

Register / Login  |  Desktop view  |  Jump to top of page