QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

invisible mini files RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Thomas Traeufer

Hello dear QRecall Community.

I am new to QRecall. Read a lot of good things about it and intend to purchase a key, but haven't done so yet as I have a question:
I'm coming from Intego Backup, which never really worked.
Why, don't ask me. Tech Support couldn't tell me either.
The program, despite not working, also created thousands of small, invisible .PBsyncDB files. I didn't like that and now my question would me whether QRecall does something similar.
QRecall says it only copies things that change, in a more efficient way. To get there, does it create such invisible log files?

Best, Thomas
James Bucanek

Thomas Traeufer wrote:The program, despite not working, also created thousands of small, invisible .PBsyncDB files. I didn't like that and now my question would me whether QRecall does something similar.
No.

QRecall doesn't make any changes to the documents or folders it is capturing and it doesn't add any files as it goes. It will happily capture from a read-only device.

Everything captured by QRecall is stored in an archive. An archive package consists of a single data file containing all of the archive information, accompanied by a small number of index files.

The only other files it creates are a handful of support files (mostly in ~/Library/Preferences/QRecall and ~/Library/Application Support/QRecall), some log files, and some support components that get installed into the operating system.
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view