Register / Login  |  Desktop view  |  Jump to bottom of page

Problems and Bugs » Missing names in index

Author: Charles Watts-Jones
2 decades ago
Around 11 July Verify started to report 'Missing names in index'. I'm not sure which beta I was using then, I'm now using 1.1 beta 15. Anyway I took little notice as I was busy and the warning was not marked as serious. Today I have reindexed my archive. I followed this with a Verify. This still reports 'Missing names in index'. Previously opening that notice yielded a list of files, now it gives a list containing only several instances of 'Folder: (null)'. Should I run a Repair? Or may I safely ignore them?

-- Charles

Author: James Bucanek
2 decades ago
If you've reindexed your archive there shouldn't be any missing names in the index. There's a recently discovered bug that could result in empty (null) names appearing in the index, but I'll have to go back and find out if that bug was in the latest public beta.

The effect of missing names is harmless, but thanks for the heads up. If you have a chance, please send a diagnostics report (Help > Send Report...) or e-mail the relevant log files.

Author: Charles Watts-Jones
2 decades ago

James Bucanek wrote: If you have a chance, please send a diagnostics report (Help > Send Report...) or e-mail the relevant log files.

Report on its way.

-- Charles

Register / Login  |  Desktop view  |  Jump to top of page