QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

How big is my archive? RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Ralph Strauch

As I understand qrecall, when I merge layers I create unused space within the archive file which gets used in subsequent backups, so at any point in time only a portion of the space the file takes up on disk is in use. Is there any way of knowing how large the actual archive is, and how much free space exists with the file, without actually compacting the file? It would be nice to know that, I think. I'm sorry I didn't think of this in time to suggest it for a feature in 1.1.1, if it's easy to put in.

Ralph
James Bucanek

Open the archive document, open the Info drawer (View > Show Info), then make sure nothing is selected in the archive window. When no volumes, items, or layer are selected the Info drawer displays some general information about the archive, including the overall size of the archive and the amount of free space (if known).

Immediately after a Merge QRecall doesn't actually know how much free space is in an archive. In this case the amount free will display as "undetermined" or "at least XXXMB." The next Compact or Capture will begin by determining how much free space is actually available. While it's doing this it displays the status "Locating free space."

So after the next capture, you can open the archive and see how much free space it has.

If you don't want to wait for a capture, start a compact. As soon as the compact progresses past the "locating free space" phase and starts compacting, stop the action. The free space information has been updated at this point and you can view it in the browser.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Ralph Strauch

Thanks, James. Sorry I missed the info box.

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view