QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Will this software sync the hard drives of two Macs? RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Peter Pace

Hi, I have a basic question. I have a Intel MacMini and a new Intel IMac. I'm looking for software that will keep the two hard drives updated with the same information.

For example, if I work on the IMac for several days then turn on the MacMini, will this software update the MacMini to the same exact hard drive contents that exist on the IMac?

This needs to include any new software I install on the IMac and changes I make to windows using paralells.

Thanks,
Peter
James Bucanek

Peter Pace wrote:I'm looking for software that will keep the two hard drives updated with the same information.
QRecall is not a synchronization utility. It will happily keep both of your systems backed up, but isn't designed to migrate changes from one to the other.

I've used Synchronize Pro in the past, but I don't know how it stacks up against the competition today.

I'd suggest searching VersionTracker and Apple's Macintosh Product Guide for "file synchronization". You'll have plenty of products to choose from.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Peter Pace

Thanks James.
Peter

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view