QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

preselecting specific filetypes to back up, from multiple drives?? RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Palle Jensen

Hi
I have a mac pro 2 x dual INTEL, running OSX 10.5 (used to run PC for 25 years) have 4 disks in it and do backup to NAS drives.
Is it possible to predefine a job to just find and backup a specific filetype (like *.mp3 or *.idvdproject or *.dmg)?

I an not too keen on placing same filetypes in related folders, so this feature would be nice.

Think Qrecall looks and behaves nice, but have not yet had to restore any files

hpoe for a "positive" answer

Palle
James Bucanek

Palle Jensen wrote:Is it possible to predefine a job to just find and backup a specific filetype (like *.mp3 or *.idvdproject or *.dmg)?
Hello Palle,

Not at this time. I'm working on several schemes for selectively capturing and filtering items, but these won't be implemented until the next major release. You might check back from time to time. Most major new features appear first in beta releases, available to all interested users.

Think Qrecall looks and behaves nice, but have not yet had to restore any files
The major issue with filtering actually has to do with restoring or recalling items later. If you only capture the .mp3 files in your iTunes folder, then decide to restore your entire iTunes folder, it will only contain .mp3 files. While that's exactly what one might expect, it's not particularly useful or friendly.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Palle Jensen

Ok
I fully agree, on the selectivenes of just mp3's. Still it would be a nice feature to have as an option, maybe first chosing disk(s) and then file type.
My request stems form having one disk solely for iMovie and iDvd files, but since I sometimes have a lot in process I also put these on another drive (1 TB) and thats a lot to look into
Anyway its just a sugegstion to be added to a great product.

As it happened I needed to restore some files:
I run Entourage and took the option to empty the deleted files folder. nothing special, however I was surprised that so many files were in that bin. Force stopped Entourage. and found the reason (I recon) while cliking one folder with all the "history mails" I may have put itinto the deleted folder.
so most af it had gone. Sigh
BUT... hurray. This morning I made a new job in Qrecall for entourage, and waouw... just a breeze to put history back in its rightfully deserved place.

So naturally I am now a HUGE fan of QRecall
Palle

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view