Chris Caouette wrote:any eta for an update?
A few more hours.
I've been struggling with a persistent performance problem with the package and names index. They perform just fine on small archives, but their processing overhead grew exponentially relative to the size of an archive.
For months I tried to find a feasible solution, but eventually gave up on the code. In late June I rewrote the entire package and names indexing code from scratch. I've been testing it for the past couple of months, fixing bugs, and refining performance.
The fruits of that labor have been running here for about a three weeks now. If the rest of the testing goes well, I'll push out a release towards the end of this week.
This has been a huge roadblock to adding new features, which I hope to get back to very soon.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22-Jul-09 21:27